Honor and remember those who served in the August 16, 1780 Battle of Camden by joining Historic Camden and community partners at the commemoration of the battle's 239th anniversary. There will be a FREE tour at 8am (before it gets too hot!) at the Battlefield discussing the history of the battle, followed by a brief FREE program at 9am. We will also have an artillery salute courtesy of the Historic Camden Cannon Crew and a wreath-laying ceremony. All activities will take place at the Camden Battlefield and Longleaf Pine Preserve, rain or shine. Directions to 1606 Flat Rock Rd.: From Camden, take Hwy. 521/Broad St. north about 6 miles. Then take the left fork at Flat Rock Rd. and travel another couple of miles. Look for the split rail fence and the DeKalb Monument. Parking will be on the west/left side of the road, and meet at the DeKalb Monument for the tour on the east/right side. Bring comfortable clothing, sunscreen, bug spray, and water. Some chairs and bottles of water will be provided. Meanwhile at the Historic Camden main campus, we will have blacksmith demonstrations going on all day, included with the price of site admission!