Recognized for its superior facilities and programs, the Recreation Department hosts many state and regional tournaments and is a big draw for local residents. Catering to all age groups, the Recreation Department supervises 34 tennis courts, 31 baseball fields 9 soccer fields, 4 volleyball courts, 3 walking paths and a "star struck" observatory for the astronomy enthusiast. Sports programs, crafts and instructional courses are available.
The Kershaw County Recreation Department can be reached at:
1042 West DeKalb Street (Hwy1 ), Camden, South Carolina 29020
803-425-6009 | 803-425-6010
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Kershaw County Aquatic Center
The Camden-Kershaw County Recreation Department’s operates a swimming program at its aquatic facility on Battleship Road. The pool opens in mid-May for Season Pass holders, and includes activities such as:
- Water Aerobics
- Swim Team
- Life Guard Training Classes
- Group & Individual Swim Lessons
Recreation Department Seasonal Sports & Activities:
- Spring Sports – Activities include Youth Baseball, Girls Software, Girls Fast Pitch Softball, PAL Baseball, and Adult Softball.
- Fall Sports – Activities include Youth Football, Youth Soccer, Girls Fast Pitch Softball, Adult Softball, and Adult Co-Ed Volleyball.
- Winter Sports – Activities include Youth Basketball and Adult Basketball.
- Other Sports & Activities –The Recreation Department also offers classes in Line Dancing, Shag, Ballroom Dancing, and Gymnastics as well as lessons in sports such as Tae-Kwon-Do, golf, tennis, and yoga. If your interest is in model airplanes or computers, the Department has various clubs to accommodate you.
Recreation Department Parks:
- Woodward Park
- Scott Park
- Kendall Park
- West Wateree Recreation Complex